We loved the resort and everything about our wedding, there isn't a single thing we would have changed.
Margarita, our onsite wedding coordinator was amazing! She made sure every detail, big or small was taken care of. She was with us pretty much the entire afternoon/evening and made sure things went smoothly. She also checked in on us on a daily basis and made sure there wasn't something we needed or wanted. We both have nothing but wonderful things to say about her.
We loved the employees and all the activities that the resort had to offer!
We went on a couple excursions...
1. Zip-lining and atving - We did this with a group of 7 (ages ranged from 10-45). Everyone really enjoyed this as there was a wide variety of views and distances for the zip-lining! The atving was also great as we went off the beaten path and up thru the mountains.
2. Dolphin Encounter - We did this with our entire guest list minus the photographer. This truly was for all ages, and again everyone thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
On the day of the wedding, the guys went on a deep sea fishing excursion and enjoyed that! We were even able to find a restaurant that would cook the fish and took it there the following night. The fish was delicious and it was a great time getting off the resort for a meal.
At the resort, we tried to take part in as many of the activities as possible. This ranged from the shows in the outdoor theater/sun bar, activities on the beach and activities within the pool. One of the events that stood out was a Mexican Fiesta which we all took part in. It consisted of a wide variety of authentic food and drink but they also brought in vendors that sold local, hand crafted goods. I think every one bought something from them as the prices were very reasonable and some of the goods were made right in front of you! :
• Why did you choose a destination wedding? We decided on a destination wedding to have a more intimate wedding with close family and friends.
• Which venue did you use? Our venue was Hard Rock Vallarta.
• Which collection did you use? We used the Complimentary Colin Cowie wedding collection.
• How many attendees did you have? We had 29 attendees at our wedding.
• What were their favorite resort activities? Our favorite resort activities included live shows at the outdoor theater, activities held on the beach and in the pool by the entertainment group, and the entertainment held in the Sunbar.
• Which was your favorite amenity? The favorite amenity would likely be the limitless resort credit. We used this a few different ways.
• What was your favorite thing about your big day? Our favorite thing about our big day was our wedding being on the beach. We will forever have the memories and pictures!
• Describe your day in three sentences. Perfect describes our wedding day best! The setting was absolutely amazing, which created a backdrop for pictures that can't be beat! Being surrounded by close family and friends is something we will cherish forever. It truly was the best day ever!
• How was your experience with your WOW Specialist?
Travel Agent: Love to Travel
Our onsite wedding coordinator was Margarita, she was amazing! She made sure we were taken care of throughout our entire stay at Hard Rock Vallarta!
• What was the best part about the planning process? The best part was not having to worry about every small little detail. The onsite wedding coordinator did an absolutely amazing job and took care of all that. We only had to focus on the fun details.
• What is your favorite memory from your big day? One of the best memories would be our first look at each other. We were out on the beach and it felt like time just stood still. Another favorite memory would be having our entire group out on the beach after everything and just enjoying our surroundings!
Overall, our experience with everything was absolutely amazing and we wouldn't have changed a single thing. We would like to thank you and your entire team with all your help throughout the entire process (especially being available to extend our stay by an extra day with such a short notice! :)
Love, Kelsey & Tyler
Review by Michelle and Tyler, 9/22/2017
Hello, We had a wonderful time on our trip! Some of our favorite things at the resort were the various restaurants with wonderful food, our daily visit(s) to the coffee shop, our massages, the activities around the resort and the great beach area with wonderful staff. We also really enjoyed the mixed view of mountains and the ocean. It was beautiful! We did a city tour while we were there and enjoyed visiting the old downtown area and the history was interesting. The tour also went to a tequila 'factory' and a silver 'factory' that we could have done without. We would have enjoyed spending more time downtown.
We are looking forward to planning our next anniversary trip for next summer!
Attached are some pictures from our trip.
Enjoy! Michelle and Tyler
Review by Thresa, 9/6/2017
We had a great time on our wedding trip to Puerto Vallarta!! We enjoyed the resort very much. The guys went golfing and had a great time even though it was really hot that day. The ladies went to the spa that day and it was exceptional!! We went deep sea fishing one day and it was a bust!! We caught 2 very small fish the whole day. And so goes fishing. Our wedding planner and officiant were awesome!! Could not have been happier with them. The resort was beautiful and a lot of fun!! I'll send a picture or two. Thank you for your help making this so special.